The heritage listed building that is 31 Bligh Street, Sydney NSW was built in 1883 and was originally the home of the New South Wales Club.
In 2003 it became home to the Lowy Institute for International Policy, founded by Sir Frank Lowy. The Lowy Institute is known worldwide and is an Australian think tank with a global outlook conducting original, policy-relevant research about international political, strategic and economic issues from an Australian perspective.
Dynamic Projects (AUS) Pty Ltd were engaged to carry out the design, restoration, refurbishment and construction of the Lowy Institute. Working with strict heritage guidelines made this an exciting project to undertake, ensuring we provided a finish that kept the original traditional aesthetics of this building had come to be known for.
Work involved removing and replacing existing ceilings, walls and floors, installation of a new lift over 5 floors, new fire services, kitchen, AV equipment, joinery desks, cabinets, new skylights and restoration of the existing roof.